Featured Articles  
     
   
     
 
OUR SPONSORS
 
READ MORE CONTENT
I am free
 
Stonehouse Hotel at QC
 
Ondoy was no match
for Eli and KY
 
Living in Aqua
 
Ferrari Series
 

Hair Style Shoot by Karl Taylor Photography

by Karl Taylor

Hi Guys,

I thought I would share this video with you that we made during a recent client shoot. The shoot was for a hair stylist award and although the project was a professional one, it's wonderfully simple in the lighting technique and approach.

It's what's known as a low key style, basically dark subject matter on a dark background, and is a straightforward 2 light set up. What's really interesting is that for my backlight I substituted my usual studio light with a couple of standard strobes.... I explain why in the video.

The main light is standard 1m square soft-box but carefully placed overhead, but it could just as easily been another strobe into a white brolly. The great thing that I think this shoot demonstrates is that great shots CAN be achieved even with minimal equipment (although I admit I'm using a Hasselblad and my studio!) the real key to the success of a shoot like this is the combination of all involved.... the hair stylists, make up artists and the great work of the models.

Enjoy!

Get More FREE Training at my website: http://www.photography-tips- online.com/FREE







Credits:

This video was uploaded by GreatPhotographyTips.

Karl has been a professional photographer for more than 15 years. His work is published internationally and he regularly works for some of the world's leading companies.

Karl became involved in the photography training market several years ago after hosting lectures in photography and finding he had a knack for explaining the subject in an entertaining and understandable way. Since then Karl has become very passionate about his Masterclass Training Series and is keen to demonstrate professional but achievable photography techniques in the simplest way possible. As well as presenting and shooting he writes the scripts, formulates the ideas and formats the programmes and training.

website: www.karltaylorphotography.com
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KarlTaylorPhotography
twitter: https://twitter.com/karltaylorphoto

No comments:

Post a Comment