Featured Articles  
     
   
     
 
OUR SPONSORS
 
READ MORE CONTENT
I am free
 
Stonehouse Hotel at QC
 
Ondoy was no match
for Eli and KY
 
Living in Aqua
 
Ferrari Series
 

Suggero Quod Proluvier

JAMES TORRES

In his quest to be a top model, James Torres maintains a healthy diet, eats well and works out regularly. “One secret I have to maintain my figure is to have someone you love and make her an inspiration to achieve a figure you have always wanted,” he says.

James has appeared in the Palos teleserye in ABS-CBN, and counts an SM endorsement, Natasha and a Jollibee TVC among his recent accomplishments. But what else does he hope to achieve in modeling? “To be in Philippine Fashion Week,” says the handsome lad whose closet is full of Topman, Zara, Billabong, Quicksilver and Armani Exchange.

The Star Records artist asserts that his body, face and personality will make him become a modeling icon.

What’s his view on being with an agency versus being a freelancer? “Well, you would be the priority when you’re with in an agency compared to the freelancers but the disadvantage is that you would be stuck in the projects that your agency wants for you rather than exploring more,” the 18-year-old says.










MAVERICK KELVIN MANGILIT

What makes an iconic model? “Character, attitude, physical attributes, and above all, fear of God,” Maverick Kelvin Mangilit puts it mildly.

The designer darling has accumulated several runway miles for Philippine Fashion Week and has appeared in various photoshoots. His ultimate goal, though, is “to have a billboard in EDSA!”

As a freelance model, he is free to go everywhere he wants especially with his designer and photographer friends with no agency to seek permission from. “I would like to work with anyone who’s possible to work with,” the eye-catcher reveals.

Inside his closet are clothes from Gerry Katigbak, Zara, Topman and People Are People. But what he wears every day is his engineer’s uniform. “I feel professional when I’m wearing it,” the La Salle and Mapua grad declares.

So, how do you keep yourself fit and runway-worthy? “Balance is the main key to success,” the chinito charmer says.












MEHRAN KHALEDI

Mehran Khaledi has a dream. “I wish to be a part of PMAP [Professional Models Association of the Philippines.] It’s my dream,” the half-Persian stunner says.

To achieve that goal, he goes to the gym and takes supplements. “I take care of my skin and hair, drink vitamins and eat healthy food. It is important as a model to take care of your looks and body because they are what you use as investment in this industry,” he says. “I would like to work with any designer who will enter Fashion Week because I really want to be a part of it; F & H and Bench, I want to be in the cover of Men's Health magazine, too.”

The 20-year-old has appeared in a fashion feature on top male models for BusinessMirror newspaper and has walked the runway for the opening of SM Mega Atrium. “I feel natural in what I do. I don't get conscious in posing or doing ramp in front of many people. I really enjoy modeling that’s why it’s easy for me to work. It is important that you enjoy what you are doing because that is what will make you go further.”

Any showbiz aspirations? “Before, I didn't want to enter showbiz. I just wanted to focus on modeling. But when time went by, I realized that I enjoy acting, too. I would like to enter TV shows and be an actor and model at the same time,” he admits.

But Mehran is serious with his studies. He is a tourism management student at the Centro Escolar University. “I do my best not to have any conflicts with my schedule between school and the projects I do because education is really important.”













MICAEL BELMONTE CALDITO

An outstanding student wants to excel as a model as well. Micael has no problems balancing both. “Whenever I enroll subjects for the semester, I try to place all the subjects only on specific days such that I don't have to go to school every day. For example, I only go to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays instead of the usual Monday to Friday. That way, I can have time for school and time for modeling,” says the third-year BA English major at UP Diliman.

“I usually hit the gym to keep myself fit and healthy. Besides health-related issues, I also go to the gym to buff up and achieve the type of body build I want,” explains the 20-year-old head-turner. “I have a rather fair build so most apparel look good on me. People say my build generally caters well to most clothes, which means I'm flexible and that you can try anything on me.”

Inside Micael’s closet are brands such as Topman, Bench, Guess, Nike, Adidas, Billabong, Quicksilver, Dickies, Lee, etc. “I hope to one day endorse clothes from top brands from Europe. European brands usually have this reputation that ‘they have the best brands,’ because Milan, Paris and London are regarded as the fashion capitals of the world,” he says. “I usually wear jeans and a V-neck shirt. If the weather's too hot, I still wear the jeans but I wear a tank on top. I have an obsession with black leather jackets too so I sometimes wear those as well.”

Micael is currently enrolled in ABS-CBN Star Magic Acting Workshops so he can push his boundaries and see what else he can achieve. “I mentioned earlier that I wanted to work with European brands. But for starters, I want to work with some local brands, too; Bench and Penshoppe are my top choices,” he says.












ICON FOUNDER: Jendy G. Asuncion
EDITOR IN CHIEF: Sherwin Elaine Esguerra
PHOTOGRAPHY by: Dookie Ducay
MAKE-UP by: Nanan Villalba & Anton Patdu
HAIR by: George Delfin & Mycke Arcan
STYLING by: Argie Salango
INTERVIEW by: C. Mendez Legaspi
LOCATION: Nanivon Studio - The Rooftop of EMILIA BUILDING, Makati City

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

Jojo Victorio and Rys Villavieja of Victo Rio Modelling Agency
Seph Bagasao for the assistance at the shoot