Featured Articles  
     
   
     
 
OUR SPONSORS
 
READ MORE CONTENT
I am free
 
Stonehouse Hotel at QC
 
Ondoy was no match
for Eli and KY
 
Living in Aqua
 
Ferrari Series
 

Angel Aquino

What made you decide to go into TV hosting?

It wasn't deliberate for me… first I was called to be featured on F for their fashion segment on their pilot episode. I had to say no because I didn't have much clothes at that time. After a few days, they called me again but this time, to audition for the 3rd host position! :) I came in, was late, thought I did bad and felt awful. Then they talked to me about my sched. The rest was history :) now I'm having the time of my life as a lifestyle show host. It opened a lot of doors for me and I'm continuously learning from my segments, my co-hosts and the people I come across.

What can you say about the notion that us girls is just a show about female fashion and beauty tips?

They say that where the girls are, the boys follow :) that is why we incorporate a lot of segments and feature that are in the interest of, if not dedicated to men. Like gadgets and luxury cars, fashion for him. Aside from the fact that they get ideas on what women want and desire and things they could do as a couple, and we should not discount the fact that fashion, trends and self care have crossed the gender boundaries :) what used to be just for girls are no longer just for girls and vise versa.

"An ICON is someone who has made such an impact in the world she moves in that she becomes a symbol in that field.. and she's made such an impact that it leaves an imprint of her in the lives and consciousness of the people around her."


What are the things that viewers can expect from the show on its 3rd year?

Of course we always want to be ahead when it comes to trends and fashion. We aim to be able to create and dictate the trends, and be able to make that more accessible to more people so that means we will be doing more ground events and shows. We've successfully mounted bazaars and speed dating events and mall shows and those things really helped a lot in giving us a wider reach.

If there's a segment you really wanted to add on us girls, what would it be and why?

We try to inject a segment that addresses social responsibility every now and then. I am hoping we could have that more frequently if not constantly. And maybe features on arts and literature like movie and book reviews, designs to incorporate more culture into our show :)

You make a living based on your image/looks, are you afraid of losing that image?

I think that everyone in the business is very careful about maintaining their youth, beauty, and image. That is why we on us girls are lucky because we report on the latest breakthroughs that could help us maintain all of the above. Hence, we get to experience them first hand :) as to if I am afraid of losing my image.. well, not really. I will do everything to protect and keep my credibility intact though.

How would you define an ICON?

Someone who has made such an impact in the world she moves in that she becomes a symbol in that field.. and she's made such an impact that it leaves an imprint of her in the lives and consciousness of the people around her.

What can you say to your fans who wish to be a certified Us Girls in their own little way?

Just feel free to express yourself. Always speak your truth in the way you dress up, the way you relate to others and the way you live your life. have no fear, no qualms. at the end of the day, it is your life and no one tells you how to live it. but keep in mind that us girls, despite knowing how to live free and have fun, also know that we live in a wider world outside of ourselves where we can find thousands of opportunities to make a difference in at least one or better yet, many lives.. so always seize the day.. and ( as one of the learning/adventure channels says it.. ) impact your world :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment